Join Friends of the Martin Bodmer Foundation.
By joining Friends, you will enjoy a number of privileges as well as contribute to the Foundation’s development and prestige.
For CHF 200 per annum (individual membership) or CHF 300 (couple membership) you will enjoy the following benefits:
Personal entry pass
- Invitations for two people to previews
- Invitation to the 4-5 annual events (conferences, concerts, shows) organised by Friends at preferential membership rates
- Guided tours of temporary exhibits
You can also become a lifetime member (CHF 2,000) or a supporting member (CHF 5,000). In addition to the privileges listed above, you are granted:
- A second personal entry pass
- Exhibition catalogues at special reduced prices
For more information, please contact:
Association des Amis de la Fondation Martin Bodmer,
1, route du Guignard- 1223 Cologny
President : Françoise Bodmer
Secretary : Jasmine von Spee
Tel. : 022 736 37 42 / Fax : 022 736 37 43
You can also join online or support our activities by contacting :
What we do
Friends of the Martin Bodmer Foundation was created in 1987. Françoise Bodmer took over as president in 2004.
Its main objectives are to publicize the Library by organising lectures, concerts and public presentations. It also provides financial support to the Foundation through member contributions.
Examples of events that have taken place in recent years include:
Lectures on a variety of topics by speakers such as Françoise Dorin, Jean Piat, Jean-Laurent Cochet, Alain Duhamel, Claude Imbert, Pierre Arditi and Michel Bouquet.
Classical and modern plays by different companies:
- Les fausses confidences by Alfred de Musset
- Le Cid by Pierre Corneille
- Il faut qu’une porte soit ouverte ou fermée by Alfred de Musset
- Autour de Belle de Seigneur by Albert Cohen
- Le Choix d’Hercule and Le Kid by Hippolyte Wouters
- Les 24 heures de la vie d’une femme by Stefan Zweig
Musical events with outstanding musicians:
- Baritone José van Dam
- Pianists François René Duchâble and Julien Quentin
- The Sine Nomine Quartet
Member contributions have assisted in the following:
- L’Edit de Nantes of 1599. Purchased in November 2003
- Odes (1920), a collection of poetry by Paul Valéry. Purchased in 2006
- Two letters by de Sade to his wife. Purchased in 2005
- Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius (1940), autograph manuscript by Jorge Luis Borges. Purchased in 2008
Friends also contributed to the publication of the catalogue of the exhibition Quatre siècles de reliures précieuses in 2005 and the monograph, Les Sept Planètes et leurs Enfants. Une suite de tapisseries datée de 1547-1549, published by Schwabe.
The complete re-design of the Foundation’s website was funded by Friends of the Martin Bodmer Foundation.